A massive Thank You to all our guests who shared their thoughts about our hotel on Booking.com. Very proud to have received a great rating for 2019/20. #bookingcom #hotelscom #southendonsea #notjustanumber
Stayed for one night, very comfortable hotel. Owners and staff warm and welcoming, gave the impression that nothing was to much trouble. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices. Would recommend and will certainly stay again.
Date of stay: May 2019, Trip type: Travelled with family
Tim, Tripadvisor Review, May 2019
The room we had was really big with a nice en-suite. The owners were friendly and welcoming. They have a bar in the hotel and a really nice place to meet people in the evening. About 10 minute walk to town but a nice walk along the coast. Definitely recommend this hotel and will be back!
Date of stay: May 2019, Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hi all, Just felt I needed to send this e mail In way of saying thank you for a lovely long weekend we had with you .
The breakfasts were lovely and everything catered for, the room was out of this world, nice and big and warm .
Nothing was to much trouble for yourselves to do . Stayed in room 4, Dec 2018, Margaret & Dave .
Margaret & Dave
AA INSPECTION REPORT – NOVEMBER 2018
”The purpose of this routine day inspection was to re-assess The Ilfracombe House against AA Quality Standards and to review scoring in line with any changes that may have been made since our last visit.
– Externally the property is well cared for with clear signage and appropriate lighting levels in the evening.
– The rear car park remains well maintained too.
– No changes to report to the public areas other than plans to replaster the corridors and replace the carpet in the fullness of time.
– Most bedrooms and bathrooms have been fully refurbished. New bespoke furniture, which helps to maximise available space has been introduced, new coordinated décor, new handmade curtains, new carpets, new lighting and new coffee trays. All of a very good quality and of a more contemporary style.
– The bathrooms have gone through a similar upgrade process. The new showers are a great addition and, I am sure, much appreciated by guests.
– The rest of the rooms will be upgraded in due course.
– A diligent approach to cleanliness was clear with no lapses found on this occasion.
– As a result of this positive inspection a Four Star classification with a Guest Accommodation designator has been retained. We wish you well and look forward to returning during the next cycle of inspections”.
STAR RATING: 4-STAR Guest Accommodation, 23rd November 2018